CarFit Program Update
Due to the continued spread of COVID-19, with the delta variant, and its impact on the vast majority of the country, the CarFit administrator organizations, AAA, AARP and AOTA, have made the difficult decision to extend our nationwide in-person activity closure until further notice. Please note that due to the dynamic and ever-changing nature of this situation, any proposed reopening date is tentative and subject to change depending on the latest information.
As you have likely seen in recent weeks, COVID-19 cases have increased in a majority of US counties and local and national recommendations and guidelines are rapidly changing. We will continue to regularly assess state and county risk levels using the CDC Data Tracker and will provide updates as circumstances change.
We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, but please know this decision was not taken lightly. Our priority since the beginning is the health and safety of our volunteers and those we serve, so we are being as cautious as possible.
We are committed to reopening as soon as it is considered safe to do so. We encourage you to take the following steps to stay up to date and current with CarFit information
1. Check this page periodically for the latest updates on the CarFit program’s in-person operating status. We are attempting to plan a month in advance so, for instance, please check this page on September 1st for October’s operating status.
2. If you’re a trained volunteer, please login into your account to ensure that your account remains active in the CarFit database. (The system automatically moves accounts to inactive after a year with no activity). If you experience issues logging into your volunteer account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The CarFit administrators have been diligently working behind the scenes to provide our volunteers with updated and new resources including:
- Technician Training curriculum PowerPoint
- Updated OT Training Modules
- CarFit University Modules
- On-demand CarFit Workshop
- Updated Technician Training Manual – Coming soon!
- Updated Event Coordinator Training Manual – Coming soon!
Visit the Resources and Tools page on the CarFit website to find these great resources and more! Note: Volunteers must be successfully logged into their user accounts to access Resources and Tools. Availability of certain resources is dependent on user type permission settings.
4. Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest CarFit E-News. This quarterly publication is sent to all trained volunteers with an active account in the CarFit database. If you have not been receiving the E-News, please ensure your volunteer account is active. Contact email@example.com if you experience issues logging into your account.
5. Attend, or encourage attendance at, a CarFit virtual workshop. The 90-minute virtual workshop provides education on several key aspects of the CarFit message and is intended to raise drivers’ awareness and interest in participating in your in-person CarFit offerings once activity resumes. The virtual workshops may also entice some to get involved as volunteers. Workshops are scheduled throughout the fall. Learn more about this virtual option on the CarFit website or Register for a workshop today!